Concentra is excited to announce the 2017 Empowering Your Community recipients. Empowering is the cornerstone of Concentra Corporate Social Responsibility program, enabling investment in community projects across the country as supported and identified by local credit unions.
After receiving a record 93 applications from credit unions across Canada, our employee selection committee has chosen 15 credit unions to receive a $10,000 award. Concentra has also chosen two credit union projects to each receive a $25,000 award, for a total commitment of $200,000 in 2017.
- Accent Credit Union: Quill Lake Fire Department
- Caisse Populaire de Verner limitee: Caisse Populaire Outdoor Rink
- Cornerstone Credit Union: Boys & Girls Club of Yorkton
- Encompass Credit Union: Emergency Department Expansion
- First West: CANsave
- Minnedosa Credit Union Ltd.: Dr. Ajai Khandelwal Primary Care Centre
- Porcupine Credit Union: Save the Ice Plant – Chase Place Arena
- Prairie Mountain Credit Union: Westlake Community Centre Structural Renovation Project
- Progressive Credit Union: Carleton North Imaginary Library
- Prospera Credit Union: Volinspire
- Quinte First Credit Union: Student Run Co-operative Initiative
- Rocky Credit Union: Clearwater Abuse Prevention Centre
- Sandhills Credit Union: New Integrated Health Facility
- Stride Credit Union: Oakville Community Hall and Day Care
- Synergy Credit Union: Lloydminster Interval Home New Emergency Shelter
- Bayview Credit Union:
Bayview Credit Union's Children's Wish Golf Tournament
- Meridian Credit Union:
Defend Fiercely, Spend Wisely, and Above All Save the Camp!
Projects include a wide variety of credit union-supported initiatives and programming to enhance Canadian communities such as: arts, culture and community programming; financial literacy and skills training; health and wellness initiatives; housing and emergency shelter facilities; and community and recreational centers.
Now in its seventh year, Concentra's Empowering program has delivered over $1.2 million in support of over 100 different credit union led initiatives in nearly 100 communities across the country.
Concentra has also supported the
Co-operative Development Foundation (CDF) in their important work to raise funds and rally volunteers to bring co-operative principles to developing countries. In celebration of CDF's 70th Anniversary, Concentra is renewing our financial contributions to CDF with a four-year pledge of $300,000. This brings Concentra's total commitment to $550,000.
- 30 -
Senior Consultant, Communications