Financial Relief for Mortgage Customers: Questions & Answers
1. What options are available to mortgage customers affected by COVID-19?
We will work with our customers on a case-by-case basis to help you manage through challenges such as pay disruption or illness due to COVID-19. We may be able to offer you deferral of your mortgage payments for up to six months.
2. What is a deferred payment?
To help you manage your cash flow in unforeseen circumstances such as COVID-19, we may agree for you to hold off on making your mortgage payments for up to six months. We will add these deferred payments to your outstanding balance and they will accrue interest.
3. Who is eligible for this relief program?
This relief program is for eligible Concentra mortgage holders who are truly struggling to make their next mortgage payment. If you have lost your job or most of your income because of COVID-19 and you do not have reserves to draw upon, we will do our best to help you. People who are worried but not financially affected by COVID-19 will likely not be eligible for this relief program.
4. How does the program work?
Homeowners can call our servicing department to discuss the options available to them. Everyone’s situation is unique and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Be prepared to submit a detailed breakdown of your personal assets, income and expenses. Call us at 1.855.795.4489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are experiencing high call volumes, so if you are unsure if you qualify, please email us so we can get to those most in need of our help.
5. What if I have previously deferred payments unrelated to COVID-19?
Regardless of whether you received previous approval to defer payments, we can apply up to six additional months of deferred payments if you meet the criteria for relief.
6. Can I defer other payments such as property taxes or life/disability insurance?
No; this program is for your mortgage payment only. Property tax instalments and insurance premiums are separate from Concentra and must continue to be paid. Contact your municipality or insurance company to see if they offer a similar program.
7. Would Concentra forgive my loan?
While we sympathize if you are experiencing financial hardship, we cannot forgive your mortgage altogether as our bank needs to remain financially viable for the sake of all our customers and employees.
8. Why can’t I get through the phone lines?
As with other financial institutions, we are receiving many calls for mortgage relief due to COVID-19. Our busy mortgage servicing team is working hard to serve you quickly. You can help us to free up our phone lines by for people who are in dire immediate need by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond as quickly as we can.
9. What happens if I can’t get through on the phone lines with Concentra?
Try emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we can. If you’re about to miss a payment, call first. Be honest about your circumstances. We may be able to waive NSF fees if you miss a payment but you will have to demonstrate that you tried to notify us in advance. We working hard to help as many people as quickly as possible.
10. What if I lost my job and this hardship is long-term?
In addition to rolling payments into your mortgage for a specified period of time, we may also be able to:
- Refinance your mortgage to pay out other debt (subject to qualification)
- Restore your original amortization (which lowers your payment amount)
- Hold a payment (during a temporary suspension of income)
- Offer you a reduced payment for a specific time
Contact one of our mobile mortgage specialists above if you wish to explore these options.